Writing prompt by Mama Kat
The prompt I chose was to write a post in twelve lines,
so I chose a poem and this is what came of it.
- One, two, buckle my shoe
- Three, four, there’s a knock at the door
- Five, six, time for treats and tricks
- Seven, eight, I've put on more weight
- Nine, ten, I see a ghost, a witch, and a Barbie and Ken
- Eleven, twelve, too many decorations to put up and then shelve
- Thirteen, fourteen, too many thoughts in my bean
- Fifteen, sixteen, a whole house to clean
- Seventeen, eighteen, where’s my caffeine?
- Nineteen, twenty, next is Thanksgiving with food a-plenty
- Twenty-one, twenty-two, then Christmas and Santa and reindeer too
- Twenty-three, twenty-four, I can’t take any more