Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Poem about the Holidays


Writing prompt by Mama Kat
The prompt I chose was to write a post in twelve lines, 
so I chose a poem and this is what came of it.

Holiday Overload


  1. One, two, buckle my shoe
  2. Three, four, there’s a knock at the door
  3. Five, six, time for treats and tricks
  4. Seven, eight, I've put on more weight
  5. Nine, ten,  I see a ghost, a witch, and a Barbie and Ken
  6. Eleven, twelve, too many decorations to put up and then shelve
  7. Thirteen, fourteen, too many thoughts in my bean
  8. Fifteen, sixteen, a whole house to clean
  9. Seventeen, eighteen, where’s my caffeine?
  10. Nineteen, twenty, next is Thanksgiving with food a-plenty
  11. Twenty-one, twenty-two, then Christmas and Santa and reindeer too
  12. Twenty-three, twenty-four, I can’t take any more

4 comments:

  1. Great poem! Visiting from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you liked it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Such a cute poem! I think it fits my life pretty well. Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one. LOL This time of year can get so crazy!

      Delete

Help me bring The Saratov Approach around the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...