4.) Many of us like to poke fun at some of the things that drive us crazy as parents…let’s flip the script, what are 10 things you love about motherhood?
- Fishy kisses from my Buggaboo. He loves to give kisses and uses any excuse, such as “I’m sorry” “Hi” “Bye bye” or he’ll just climb up into my lap and give me three or four kisses and then get back down. And when I’m upset/crying, he comes right to me and gives me fishy kisses until I start laughing. It’s hard not to, because it’s so cute!
- How my little man is turning into such a Mommy’s helper… or at least, he’s trying to. He’s only 16 months old right now, but he’s already trying to “help” out now and then.
- My hubby’s saying: “If Momma’s not happy, no one’s happy!” LOL He and our oldest (who’s 17 going on 35) like to joke about that.
- Having people understand why I’m so tired all the time. All I say is that I have a teenager and a 16 month old and everyone gives me the sympathetic looks and sounds.
- The power of “Because I said so!”
- The ego boost that kids give you when they think you know everything. (this is usually right before I have to burst that bubble, but for a brief moment, the exhilaration is intoxicating.)
- The “Baby on Board” sign in the back window of the van. Call me crazy, but I’ve always wanted one of those!
- Rekindling imagination and the Legendary Characters of Santa, The Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, etc.
- Bringing out the Inner-Child again. I’m a little embarrassed to admit it, but It’s so fun to play with all the cool toys that are out there now, that they didn’t make when I was little.