Monday, December 2, 2013

I'm a NaNoWriMo 2013 Winner!

Oh my gosh, I haven't made a post in quite a while... Since September!  October was such a hectic, crazy month and is thankfully over now.  Then came November, which, for those who really know me, means NaNoWriMo!  (National Novel Writing Month for those who don't know.)  And I was totally obsessed with my novel.  Well, I "won" NaNoWriMo, which means I wrote 50,000 words in 30 days!  But my novel is in no way complete.  I've got quite a bit more work to do on it before it's finished.  There are a ton of scenes that I still need to write, then there's the editing process to go through.  Eventually, I hope to get it published... either by self publishing or by traditional methods.  Either way, I'm hoping it's something that others will want to read.  We shall see.  In the meantime, I'm excited to say that I did it!  I wrote 50K words in 30 days!  50,272, actually, according to the official NaNoWriMo validator.


It was amazing, hard, insane, and there were quite a few times that I thought I was going to throw in the towel because I was so far behind and it looked impossible, but I did it!  @NaNoWordSprints and #NaNoWordSprints on Twitter were definitely a big help too.  Great source of inspiration!  And it was so fun to tweet with fellow WriMo's!  Anyway, I just wanted to toot my own horn and explain why I haven't been around on the blog here.  I'm hoping to get back to normal now and finish up on some of the projects I was working on previous to Hectober (Get it?  Hectic + October = Hectober) and NaNoWriMo.  The ABC Book that I'm making for the boys, some crocheting, of course, I need to finish up my novel and work on some editing, decorating for the holidays (we've got a tree and a few things up, but still got a lot to do) and there are a few others that have been left undone.

Well, that's all I have at the moment.  Now to go figure out something for dinner.  I have a ton of great recipes for side dishes, but I really need to expand my main meals section of my recipe book.  I'm getting tired of the same old same old, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me bring The Saratov Approach around the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...