Friday, April 8, 2011

Too Much & Not Enough!

I think I've mentioned this before, but I get totally distracted each and every moment of the day!  I start out with good intentions, but I have so much that I want to do... so much that I need to do... and as I try to work on any of it, I find myself distracted to the point of getting overwhelmed and lost in a sea of "To Do's" with no time left to do them in. 

I've come to the conclusion that you can have too many good ideas.  You can have a few, but there's a thin line that I must have crossed years ago because it's not even within eye-sight or ear-shot anymore.

You see, I surf the web... not on purpose (not usually, anyway) but I start out checking emails and wanting to work on my blog.  The emails get me distracted with all the links that I'm interested in and want, so badly, to check out.  Then, once I've pried myself off the email (and all the new tabs that I opened to visit - usually around a dozen or so at this point and it just grows from there) I then go to my blogging side of life.  I use two different web browsers too (just thout I'd mention that part)  in order to keep things "organized" (pffttt, yeah riiiight!)

Once on my blog, I surf around other blogs in order to Spread the Love of Comments to my fellow bloggers.  This usually takes me to many many many more websites and adds many many many tabs to my browser window.  This tends to slow down my system and sometimes my browsers end up crapping out on me.  This holds up the works.

All of this, is of course, in between a crying 7 month old who is in the clingy stage; feeding, changing diapers, playing, reading to, etc.  I love being a mom, but it's another item (or many items) on my list of things that keep me from other tasks.  And of course, there's the whole "sleep while he sleeps" idea that I need to adhere to, but don't usually do.  But lately he hasn't been taking his regular naps, or at least, not for as long, as he had been.  So, he gets top priority, of course!  I just can't believe how fast he's growing and I certainly don't want to miss any of it if I can help it. 

Then there's laundry, dishes, cleaning, sweeping, vacuuming, etc...... I try to squeeze some of these in during the morning hours as well. 

*Sigh*

Well, that's my story for today of Too Much & Not Enough!  As you can see, my main issues are time management and organization.  It's a Work in Progress, with a very dim light at the end of a very long tunnel.  But then again:

Life is a journey, not a destination.

My little Bugaboo sporting his first two teeth!
Now, who could resist this face? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me bring The Saratov Approach around the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...