Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools Day!

Well, this day has come and just about gone and I never played any jokes on anyone.  But, then again, I didn't have any playe on me either, so I suppose that's something to be thankful for. 

*side note*  I started this blog entry before midnight, but as usual, I get distracted constantly and didn't finish until after midnight... hence why it states the date as April 2nd.  One of these days, I may actually get something done on time!  lol


So, anyway, April's theme from NaBloPoMo is:


The first thing that I thought of is the channel "Sprout" on tv that we've been watching lately with our 7 month old.  It's a really cute station with some interesting shows.  Dirt Girl World is one of my favs, even though it creeps me out a little, with the way the characters move (a strange combo of live action and digital-ish(?) animation - sort of along the lines of the Southpark cut-out animation - not sure of what that style is called) never seems to match up and it's a bit weird, but the show itself is really cute.  Maybe it's the accent! LOL

But there's also a writing prompt (I missed Mama Kat's prompts again this week, dangit!) which is: 

What are you ready to let go of?

Well, all the crap in the garage for one.  We're packrats, from a long line of packrats, and the two car garage is so jam-packed with stuff, you can barely walk to the washer & dryer!  Don't even think about getting a car in there!  LOL And if I sold everything for a $1, I'd probably be rich!  That's how much crap is in there.  It's sad, really.  *sigh* but it's hard to get rid of sentimental things, especially when your parents and your sister are passed away.  The things that I've found in there recently are so emotionally overwhelming, I usually find myself back at square one before I've even really made a dent in the junk.

But I'm soooo ready to let go of stuff... I really need to get rid of the miscelaneous junk and only keep the really nice, really heart-warming items.

Well, that's about it for now, it's way past my bedtime.  Thanks for joining me this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me bring The Saratov Approach around the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...