Friday, December 30, 2011

40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge

Just in time for the new year, I came across a new challenge (yet another one!) that I desparately need. 
40 Bags in 40 Days
The idea is to get rid of 40 bags of stuff from your house (and my whole family are packrats) in 40 days in any way... out to the garbage, donate, yard sale, etc. and by the end of it, have a cleaner, less cluttered home. 

So, starting January 1st, 2012 I'm dedicating myself to getting a bag together each day.  The size of the bag doesn't matter.  If you need a big garbage bag, use it, if you only need/gather a small shopping bag's worth, then do that, but what matters is that you do "A Bag A Day" for 40 days. 

Apparently, it came from the idea of the 40 days of Lent.  I think this is a wonderful challenge and have been in the cleaning mood lately, so hopefully this should work out.  Having just cleaned up the living room and kitchen for Christmas, I've had a jumpstart, so I'm excited about it.  I also plan to blog about my progress as well.  Please post comments about your progress as well if you plan to join me and post a link to your site if you're going to show your successes as well.  I'd love to see your pregression through the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me bring The Saratov Approach around the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...