Sunday, March 10, 2013

Project & Photo of the Day


So, how did everyone do with the time change today?  We did ok, we woke up in plenty of time for church, but for some reason, we ended up running late anyway.  I don't know what happened.  I think there's a time displacement bubble in the shower, so that you get in and only spend a few minutes, but time outside of the shower-bubble goes faster and when you step out, it's been twice as long as you wanted/needed it to be.

Project of the Day:

Well, we had a very busy day today.  We had church, of course, but then we came home and I cooked a pork roast in the oven.  It turned out wonderful!  So yummy!  Lots of veggies.  I like to use the buttery golden potatoes, I sliced up two very large sweet onions, celery and threw in the last of my baby carrots.  Added water halfway up the side of the roast, added in a veggie bullion cube (I was out of broth.  I don't like using the cubes unless I have to.) I sliced up three garlic cloves and shoved them into the slits I'd cut in the top of the roast and then added the spices.  Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder (I find it helps to bring out the flavor of the fresh onions,) a pinch of marjoram and then I dusted the top of the roast with a bit of parmigiana cheese.  Weird?  I know it sounds like it, but it's good, trust me.  It turned out so yummy.  You didn't even need a knife!  The big dinner was my big project of the day.  That's usually the biggie on Sundays.  I like to cook a big meal and enjoy Family Home Evening.

However, I did also get on the computer and phone with a friend of mine to help her test out a couple virtual classrooms.

Photo of the Day:


Chocolate Ice Cream!  Don't judge me, he didn't get a lot.  But it was Family Home Evening and we decided for everyone to get a treat after a really good dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me bring The Saratov Approach around the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...