Sunday, November 14, 2010

30 days of....

November seems to be a month of challenges.  I don't mean that I, personally, have had trials in my life this month... well, I have, but that's not what I'm bloging about just now.  What I mean is this month seems to have presented itself with many different challenges for me to decide upon taking on.  There's the National Novel Writing Month giving a challenge of writing 50,000 words between November 1st to midnight of the 30th, there is the National Blog Posting Month where you dedicate yourself to posting at least once a day every day for the month of November (of which I have already failed, but I'm still dedicated in finishing out the month without missing another day.)  At church today, we started a challenge, although it continues through part of February.  Now, as I was surfing the web (not my intention, but I got distracted... again!) I came across the 30 Day Giving Challenge to give of yourself in some form or manner every day for the month of November.

Now I'm in a quandry... I have quite a few challenges that I'm dedicated to (and are already falling quite short on, I might add) can I really take on another?  Can I not take on one so noble?  The month is already half over, do I join and try to finish out the rest of the month?  Plus I have Cub Scouts that I need to prepare for as well as all the other standard household stuff that needs taken care of. 

The site for the Giving Challenge has a quote on it:
"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something."  ~Author Unknown
And I think that is my answer.  There was a boy in church today, wandering the halls when he should have been in class.  I asked him where he was supposed to be and he said he'd slept in and had just arrived.  He was supposed to be in a sunday school class and we both knew that, but he had the excuse that there was only twelve minutes left, so why bother?  I had left my class and was in the hallway trying to feed my crying baby, but after feeding, I returned to my class and learned something in the last few minutes. 

So, with that said, should I start a challenge, a noble challenge that could (and more than likely will) benefit others, when it's half-way over?  The answer, is of course, YES!

So, with a very hesitant heart, I will now go and sign up and enjoy my month of giving.  Everything really does happen for a reason and God's plan is very intricate, but very simple and loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me bring The Saratov Approach around the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...