Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Zoe's beginning...

Well, over the past 24 hours, I've written 1117 words in my novel!  I consider that a personal triumph.  That's more than I've ever done before.  My total is now up to 2856 words.  I'm still way behind the actual goal, but I'm slowly catching up.

I seem to do my best writing in the wee hours of the morning... hmmmm.... guess I should take more naps during the day so that I can stay up in the middle of the night.  I feel like I've been on a roll and I'm quite excited about it, but I'm totally exhausted now and really need to lie down for a few hours.  Hopefully I can have a nice productive day tomorrow.... er... later today, actually.... *yawn*

Here's an exerpt for anyone who's interested...
Zoe rode the bus home thinking Why so long?  Why does the bus ride have to be so long?  An hour?!  I swear, I’m going to waste half my life on the stupid bus!  She leaned her head against the window, closed her eyes and focused on the vibrations of the bus in an attempt to drown out the noise of the other kids on the bus.  Soon the vibration became almost as if it were a part of her and the world around her disappeared as she dozed off into a dream.

She was hungry… doubled up with pain from the hunger… she could hear someone moaning… they were close… she could hear their breaths in between the moaning… they were so close…
Hope that wets your appetite.  Good night, everyone.

~Oddyssey

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just stopping in from the blog hop and following your blog.

    www.thewhitewhimsies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Help me bring The Saratov Approach around the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...