Sunday, November 14, 2010

Torn...

So, I'm excited and disappointed at the same time.  I just wrote 894 words on my novel in less than an hour!  I'm so excited about that, I was on a roll!  BUT that only puts me at 5086 words total.  At this point, I should be at 23,334 words.  I'm so bummed.  I didn't even get a chance to write at all yesterday either, so that put me back as well.

Today's Stats
894 Words Written Today
5086 Cumulative Word Count Total
14 Current Day
16 Days Remaining  (so that means I'm almost 1/2 way to the end of the month!)
23334 Suggested Cumulative Word Count
364 Average Words per Day
At This Rate You Will Finish On Mar 18
18248 Words to Write Until 23334  (so I'd have to write 18,248 words today in order to catch up!)
44914 Total Words Remaining
Words per Day to Finish on Time 2808 (This is so daunting.  This keeps going up and up the more I fall behind.  I really need a big boost of creative energy to get this down.)
 
What I need is "Time" and I can't get that back.  So, I'm stuck with a goal of almost 3000 words per day in order to finish my novel's rough draft by the end of the month.  And with a two and a half old baby, I just really don't see that happening.  BAH!

Ah well... guess it's nose to the grindstone time!

meh.

~Oddyssey

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand! When I signed up for NaNo I thought, hey the worst thing that could happen is I could 'not finish' on time. It sounded so trivial. Now it doesn't seem trivial at all. As my number of words per day to finish on time grows it seems more and more impossible (especially with 2 two and a half year olds running around... their twins) I hope it gets better for you! Congrats on writing so much today!

    ReplyDelete

Help me bring The Saratov Approach around the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...