Tuesday, June 12, 2012

National Peanut Butter Cookie Day

I think I've found my favorite day of all days!  June 12th, National Peanut Butter Cookie Day.  I am a huge peanut butter fan and any kind of dessert, cookie, cake, etc. that includes peanut butter is a winner with me.  Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my biggest downfall.


Recently, they've come out with Reese's Minis.
But I think my favorite out of all of the different sizes and flavors, is the Reese's Egg that comes out at Easter time.
There's just something about the flavor and texture of that one that is just divine!  Mmmmmm, yummmm.  *sigh* and now I want some, but it's the middle of the night and we're out of any candy.  (insert sad pouty face)

Anyway, I digress.....

Did you know that there's a National Peanut Butter Board out there?!  They've got all kinds of fun and weird facts.  And let me just say, people will do just about anything to get recognition.  Some guy named Tom Miller, pushed a peanut, using his nose, to the top of Pike's Peak.  That's 14,000 feet!  What the....??? Why would you do that?!  Apparently, it took him just under 5 days to accomplish that.  Actually, I think that's quite impressive, in a bizarre sort of way.  I don't think I could make it to the top of any mountain in that amount of time unless I was driving it.  But really, that image give my a crick in my neck just thinking of it.

But back to Peanut Butter and the cookie... I've had some amazing peanut butter cookies in my time and honestly, there is one that I've loved more than any.  It's not really a cookie, though.  You don't need to bake it.  It's more of a peanut butter ball, than anything else.  The recipe is quite simple:

Peanut Butter Balls1 Cup of peanut butter
1 Cup of corn syrup (I use light Karo syrup)
1 1/4 cups of powdered milk
1 1/4 cups of powdered (confectioners) sugar
Directions:Mix all together, roll into balls.  At this point, you can roll each ball in some more powdered sugar to keep from sticking to each other, but that's optional.

I learned that in elementary school and never forgot it.  Out of everything that I learned in school, that's the one thing that's stuck with me... Sheesh!  No wonder I'm such a mess!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me bring The Saratov Approach around the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...