Friday, June 29, 2012

A walk down memory lane...

So, I was doing my usual surfing around, looked up something on YouTube, and you know how they have the "similar suggestions" along the right hand side for other videos, right?  Well, I saw a few old videos of tv show intros that I used to watch when I was a kid growing up in the 70's & 80's.  This got me in a completely nostalgic mood and I began looking up a bunch of my favs from back then.

It's amazing how I'd forgotten about so many of these shows that had shaped me into the person I am today.  I do think that we've lost some of the good wholesome ideals that shows back then held... but I'm so glad we have better graphics and special effects now!  Wow, back then, we used to think some of these were so "high tech" in the ways of special effects because they were so ground-breaking!  Take Land of the Lost for example.  The raft going down the rapids... this was really cool back then, but now?  Totally stupid looking!  But it opened a new realm of imagination for me.

The Big Blue Marble was a fun and wonderful educational show that made me want to explore the world... although unfortunately, I still have never been outside the country, I have always had a love of travel and learning that I contribute to this show.

I only hope that the shows that my son watches now are as educational and that they make as big of an impact on him as my favorite shows did for me.

Anyway, I just had to share some of my finds with you.  It all started with The Big Blue Marble....

The Big Blue Marble
The New Zoo Revue
Land of the Lost
The Great Space Coaster
Krofft Supershow  I totally forgot about Big Foot and Wild Boy
Picture Pages I just LOVED Bill Cosby and his picture pages!  It seemed like he was really talking to me from the television.  And I had my own workbook that had the same activities that he worked on, so I was following along with him.
H.R. Pufnstuf
Shazam!
Wonder Woman I couldn't tell you how many times I had my "cape" (my favorite nightgown tied around my neck) and would jump off my parent's bed pretending to be Wonder Woman!
Bionic Woman
Hart to Hart
Mork and Mindy
Voyagers!  Oh, boy, did I ever have a crush on Joh Erik-Hexum!
Buck Rogers  Gotta love Twiki (I still have a Twiki miniature figurine with movable arms and legs!)
The Dukes of Hazard  Another childhood crush: John Schneider
Magnum P.I Yet another crush, Tom Selleck (and I must admit, I still have a bit of a crush on him even today... He still looks good!)

Well, there you have it.  A walk down my memory lane.  There are many others, but these are the ones that stand out for me.  I'm sure I'll remember a few more and when I do, I'll try to add them to this list.  But for now, enjoy the overabundance of cheesy good stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me bring The Saratov Approach around the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...