Friday, June 15, 2012

TGIF - Explore Your World!

Well, this day, June 15th, 2012 brings about quite a few little-known holidays... At least, I had never heard of them, until now.

Magna Carta Day June 15, 1215 (I should remember this from school, but if I'm being honest, history was never my forte)
Nature Photography Day (my personal favorite, since I just LOVE nature photography)
National Flip Flop Day (3rd Friday in June, so the actual date changes every year)
as well as a few others.

I'm going to concentrate my blog post on the Nature Photography Day, since it is my favorite.  First thing to know is to head on over to NANPA.org's Facebook page and join up.  Participate in the contest and enjoy the great fun of getting out into nature.

There's something about finding a beautiful flower or watching a gorgeous sunrise/sunset, or even finding a strange yet unique bug/critter of some sort to take a picture of.



Anyway, these pics above were taken a while ago.  I'll be taking a fresh new picture for Nature Photography Day and posting it below, so be sure to come back and check it out.  Hopefully the weather will be cooperative.  We've had a LOT of rain lately.  Feel free to post a comment with a link to your picture, I'd love to see what everyone comes up with!

UPDATE:

Ok, as I said, lots of rain.  And this morning was no different.  But I got a couple really cool pics from out in the backyard, despite the rain that was coming down.

Rainy Morning Moss


No comments:

Post a Comment

Help me bring The Saratov Approach around the world!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...